The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/02/13
What a wonderful experience this must have been for you! Despite the language barrier you witnessed and were then heard through the Pastor. Very well written story that brought joy to my heart as the five people motored away. God Bless
When I read your story, somehow what came to my mind was how, even with the best of intentions we misunderstand one another terribly, even when there is no supposed language barrier. Thankfully, the Lord uses all things. Those five people were saved and that is all that really matters. But matters like that when one is trying so hard to help can be very frustrating. Thanks for sharing. This was spot on for topic. I loved many of the descriptions of your characters as well.
03/02/13
Touched my soul and made me smile. Just one "saved sheep" and the angels rejoice and sing. So, this must have brought much singing above. Thank you.

God bless~
This is a true masterpiece. you had me right in that room with you, a puzzled expression on my face as my brain raced trying to figure out the ending before I actually reached it. I'm not quite sure why i do that--sneak a peak at the last page of the book--it was such a delightful journey when i took it on your time table. It makes me stop and wonder how much I miss in my quest to cut to the chase. Sure the chase can be exciting, but there is so much depth in between. you've reminded me of a valuable lesson and I'm so glad you wrote and submitted this wonderful story.
Oh the pain! Anticipating the ending throughout this piece was delicious! I love this . . .
Because He lives and loves,

Judi
03/03/13
You have taken us all the way into your thoughts, fears and eventual gratitude - which all affirm the accuracy of your title.
03/03/13
Engaging story. Good for the topic and a great ending. Well done.
Your story kept my attention all the way through. I loved the title. Reminds me of the old song, "Love in any language". Happy to see the family received Jesus as their Savior and Lord! Thanks for sharing.
A story well told, showing how things we don't quite understand can work out for good for those who trust and rely upon God. (Even if, at times, we are doubtful or even clueless). Great job and welcome back to the challenge.
God is so good, all the time. Thank you for sharing such a delightful story to read and to see God at work. Well done.
I enjoyed this very much. I like the way you brought the conflict in subtley, with the Pastor's body language. Love the way you concluded; kept me guessing what the problem was. The only red ink I can give is that I had to read the sentence "My read was the gathering was social..." a couple of times before I caught on. Great writing!
03/05/13
Great story of God's faithfulness to use our weakness and foolishness for His glory!
03/06/13
This was a great mission story! The MC's confusion and frustration were very understandable, and I smiled when the misunderstanding between the interpreter and the MC was finally cleared up! You kept me interested and wondering all the way through with this! Nice job! :)
So willing to offer Jesus as the answer, yet inhibited by cultural and language barriers. Great illustration of this; kept my attention! God Bless.
Thank you for glorifying God with your true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous and praiseworthy winning entry! God bless you.

Love and verbal hugs, Judi

KJV Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
Congratulations on your HC and for ranking 13 overall!
Congratulations on your well deserved placing!
Great story! Reminds me of the many times I sat in homes in Africa, not understanding what was going on. There is nothing quite like your scenario where you don't have a clear picture of what is to happen next. This story showed that the teamwork between the speaker and the pastor made the difference, no matter how little the speaker felt he did.
Congratulations on your HC rating!
03/08/13
Congrats! God bless~