The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1963 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
WOnderful job with this powerful entry.

God bless~
02/01/13
This is very masterful. I can't really think of another word to describe it. The work of a true artist. A Rembrandt of the word. Great, great job.
02/04/13
Loved this aaabbb poetry. Wonderful story here and a masterful job.
Nice twist on the topic. Samuel and his grandson... sweet.
02/04/13
I love the modern feel to this cherished Bible story. Your poetic format lends greatly to your message. (LOVE the format! is it original or does it have a name? ... I'm very curious :) ) And the hope that Samuel's grandson followed the Lord despite the generation in between is powerful. I think you've done a magnificent job with this.
02/05/13
This is great. I love it. It flows really well. I love how the end note rhymes too.
02/05/13
Perfectly done. Great rhythm and a wonderful message!
02/05/13
Wonderfully-written poem, and I loved the bit of biblical history in there, too! You did a great job with the composition of this piece, and you're right on target with this week's topic. An encouraging message is contained within, too! :)
A clever entry with clear instructions. Thanks for sharing.
02/06/13
This is a magnificent lesson and tribute to the power of God's mercy displayed throughout generations. As a mother with 'lost' sons I take hope in the fact that God is working through me in the lives of my grandchildren. Thank you for this splendid reminder from history.
This is touching and beautifully told - how do you do that in poetic form? It is a blessing and a gift. It reminds me of the hymn "Here I am, Lord. Send me."
This is such a precious, precious, piece! I love Biblical literature / history and poetry is my genre so you hit this old girl where she lives and breathes. I have never tried to combine the two with my writing. Food for thought... Yet, "story telling" through poetry takes a real specific talent that I don't think I have. This was very enjoyable to read. I love the "bed time story" approach in the beginning before the reader knows it is the recounting of a Bible story they are hearing! Great job, thanks so much.
02/07/13
Congratulations, Margaret; Keep Winging His Words!
Congratulations, Margaret. This is truly a lovely poem and deserved of this EC Placement.
02/07/13
Margaret, I was so pleased to see this wonderful poem recognized with an Editor's Choice. Super congrats!
Lovely, lovely! and a winner for sure! Congratulations on EC!
02/07/13
Congratulations Margaret. What a superb peice of poetry this is! A well deserved win.
02/07/13
Margaret!! :D I'm so happy for you! The FIRST PLACE E.C. and in Masters!! WOW!! This wonderfully-written poem totally deserves these honors!! WAY TO WRITE!!
Congratulations!! This is a beautiful piece.
02/07/13
Congratulations on your well-deserved first placing and EC. Clever title with a double grasp of a story of bedtime with a story at bedtime.
To wrap it up in verse and add a subtle touch of biblical history shows an even greater level of skill.
02/07/13
I love stories (or poems) about obscure scenes or people in scripture. Congratulations.
I love this. Thank you.
02/08/13
Congratulations Margaret on your Masters' win and your EC win, both well-deserved. You've crafted a lovely poem around these Bible characters. I didn't know about Heman - never noticed him in the Bible before! So, very interesting as well as beautifully poetic.
02/09/13
Congratulations on your well deserved win!
02/09/13
Wonderful rendition of the telling of Eli. The flow of the story kept me reading from beginning to end.

God's message reigns and we don't know who will listen to the call.

Congratulations on your first-placed entry.
I just loved this. Congrats!
 
02/14/13
This was truly a great piece and you deserve EC. Congrats and I look forward to reading more of your work.
This almost defies words to describe how wonderful and magical and beautiful this is! I am a poet also and many times there is a word here or there that breaks the flow for me and picks at me like a mosquito buzzing around my head, but not so here! It was perfect and perfectly wonderful. THANK YOU for writing this and sharing!!!