The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 636 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/12
A strong and positive challenge.
I enjoyed this mini-essay. I think you brought up some great points that I hadn't considered before.

My tiny bit of red ink is in this line: they left my five siblings and I an inheritance, the I should be me. A good way to double-check is to take out the first part. You wouldn't say he left I (or For) I so you know it's left (or For) my siblings and me. I also notice some sentences that were missing a period. A good challenge buddy or critique group would help catch those things. If you can't find one on the message boards, and are interested, feel free to PM me.

One of the things I liked best about this piece is you just focused on one of the beatitudes and didn't try to cover too many different topics. By doing that you allow yourself and your reader to really think about just that one thing. It's difficult sometimes to focus just on one or two Bible verses. We have such a passion in our message that it's not easy to wrangle ourselves in but by doing that you allow someone new to the idea not to feel overwhelm. I really commend you for that. It's a lesson that took me a long time to learn. Nice job. I did enjoy this piece. :)
10/22/12
Good description of the meek and of the blessedness. Nice job.
10/24/12
This was a great example of a big message in a small space. Powerful truths that were well constructed into an effective piece. Well done!
10/25/12
Beautifully said and written. God bless~