The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1293 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You had me cheering when 'mom' decided to make some changes, especially if her daughter is just starting the teen years. You did a good job of portraying the difficulty of one person having to wear both the mother and father hats and teaching character to children.
08/24/12
The sentiment in this entry touched my heart, and I loved how the mom realized the err of her ways. Good story and fine writing.

Nicely done. God bless
08/26/12
This is a really good example of many struggles in the hearts of the single-parewnt household... for both the mom and child. You've done such a great job pulling us into the emotions of both characters. I was feeling the "uglies" of the girl's behavior as well as Mom's frustration and the unique pain of both. I loved the resolution of the conflict and think many a conflict could be resolved if only the adult would humbly face the pain of confrontation in love and with understanding. Kids don't usually want to act like jerks. Excellent job!
08/26/12
Oh My Goodness! I love this! It gave me chill bumps and made me warm at the same time! What a sweet child! Thank you for this heartwarming and at the same time heartwrenching story!
EXCELLENT!
08/26/12
Oh My Goodness! I love this! It gave me chill bumps and made me warm at the same time! What a sweet child! Thank you for this heartwarming and at the same time heartwrenching story!
EXCELLENT!
08/26/12
Nice job on this.

My only suggestion would be to give "Mom" a name. The only people who would call her mom would be her daughter and maybe her late husband. So when she went into her room for some privacy, it almost felt like a POV shift.

I loved the story. Especially the ending. Nice job.
08/26/12
This is captivating. We all know what teenage monsters are like and I thought this particular one would take a nose dive. It was refreshing to see the change of heart and her kind, sensitive nature showing up. Excellent job with this one.
08/27/12
Really, really enjoyed this entry. Great job of helping the reader experience the emotions of the MC. I agree about the name thing; she needs a name. But otherwise, so well done!
08/27/12
Good characterization of the young girl! I enjoyed this story with its positive, inspiring ending!
08/28/12
Great wake-up story and wonderful truth. I enjoyed this. Good writing!
09/07/12
Congratulations on trying to explain a teens mind! Keep writing for the Lord! I really enjoyed it.