The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1261 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful. Often I don't always get poems but I appreciated the double meaning of the star. It's sad but still lovely.
05/17/12
Poignant and so lovely. I love poems, and especially those that glorify the Lord. Simply beautiful.

Thank you. God Bless~
05/19/12
Indeed you put true greatness in perspective. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing it.
05/19/12
Good portrayal of fame that fizzles and the everlasting glory of God.

I enjoyed this work.
05/21/12
Oh, I love this, especially the last stanza, and how you switched to rhymed meter. Nice way to bring attention to that last stanza!
05/21/12
This was great and I felt you captured something here that is full of wisdom; I love the last two lines.

Can't comment on the technical because I don't know. I always stumble with free verse, so I think it has more to do with me, but I found the flow jerky.

Your choice of words was excellent and you really got the point across about humility and fame being sole mates for fame to work at all.

Thank you.
05/22/12
Lovely with a great message. Well written. Good job! God bless!
05/23/12
This was awesome! I absolutely loved the last part - so much power and truth and so eloquently crafted. This was simply wonderful and blessed me greatly.
05/24/12
A nicely written poem to show what is true fameā€”to kneel before the Lamb and life Him high. Powerful piece! God bless.
05/24/12
Well written, with a well-deserved second placing.
Great perspective in your message.
05/24/12
Congratulations! Nicely done. God Bless~
05/26/12
You did a good job of describing what true greatness really is. I'm not a poem person so it is hard for me to comment but it did have a good message.