The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1415 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/12
Absolutely superb! Outstanding work!

Great job of showing and not telling. Every word seemed to be chosen perfectly, for its full impact!

I so admired the Grandson's loyalty to his beloved Grandpa, something not seen often now days...what a shame.

Couldn't find a thing I could use red ink on!

Truly Masters Level writing!
05/10/12
Loved your choice of words, so descriptive, and intense. I could feel the onslaught of assault. I felt like I was there, being pushed by the mob, right along with the MC.

05/11/12
Excellent writing. Every word measured for effect. I was right there in the stadium with your MC. And thankfully not in the race!
05/12/12
Beautifully written. Powerful and moving...I loved the dedication and love between grandparent and grandchild.

Thank you. God Bless~
05/12/12
Well done! This was gripping, keeping me wondering how it would end. Well written and a good story.
05/13/12
Excellent example of skillful storytelling. I felt as though I was witnessing the entire episode, rather than reading it. Great job!
05/15/12
Loved how your words flowed and painted the scene in my mind as I read it. Well-done.
05/15/12
I was cheering Grandpa on too! What a wonderful image of stamina and perseverance overcoming weariness. Beautiful!
05/15/12
I guessed wrong. Thought the runner was going to have a disability. Good job:)
05/16/12
extraordinary, excellent, wonderful....I love this. God Bless you for your beautiful writing.
05/16/12
A remarkable story told in a remarkable way. I learned a lot here today and thank you for the lessons as well as the read.
05/16/12
If they were judging based on determination and effort, I'm sure the old man would have been a top winner. :) And his grandson was a winner for believing in him ...

Nice job!
05/17/12
I love these kinds of stories, and you presented a wonderful tale. Well done.
This is a delightful story. I had a slightly difficult time in the beginning, I'm not sure why exactly but I wanted to picture the MC running the race instead of watching it, even though I knew otherwise. The ending gripped my heart. I could picture it so easily, the crowd gone, bits of debris on the ground. Most of all I could feel the love and respect brimming over.
05/17/12
Congrats on your win! Cheering for you. :)
05/17/12
Congratulations, Lillian!
05/17/12
Congratulations. God bless~
05/17/12
Congratulations!
This is so good I need to write a sermon to do justice to the illustration.

Well written. Well thought out. Thank you for sharing it.