The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1129 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/12
I love both the article and the idea! Very clever and nicely done. Could be interesting to try this with kids/grandkids.
04/12/12
I enjoyed this story. It as complex, yet simple in delivery with an important conclusion.

Thank you. God Bless~
04/12/12
I enjoyed this story. It as complex, yet simple in delivery with an important conclusion.

Thank you. God Bless~
04/12/12
I enjoyed this story. It as complex, yet simple in delivery with an important conclusion.

Thank you. God Bless~
04/12/12
I am so sorry! I don't know how my comment appeared "three times?"

My apologies to all!

God bless~
04/12/12
This story is well written with a solid message and realistic and believeable characters and dialogue. It's also creative and fun. In the beginning I wondered if you were going to present to us a lesson for the kids on the need for structure and delayed gratification, or for the parents on loosening up a little. I think your ending verse makes a case for both, actually. Overall a great read. Very well done!
04/13/12
Good illustration of the minds of kids. Also a good verse to make the point that God has given us so many great days to rejoice in - far better than just the human concept of holidays. Praise His Name! Good writing.
04/14/12
Such a clever, delightful story! I loved it, especially the gifts of pooper-scoopers. LOL Good job! God bless!
04/15/12
This was such an enjoyable and easy read! Great story, believable characters and a great twist. Nicely done!
04/17/12
I enjoyed this. I know the word limit makes it difficult, but I wanted to read more about the 'catch', some more twists in the tale's tail so to speak.
04/18/12
An adorable and interesting story. I hope they didn't invite too many dogs!
04/18/12
This story had me intrigued from the very first word. It was such a delight to read; what an imagination! Totally different from anything I've read thus far. I was intrigued by the names of the children...another lift from the every day names we all use. I love the way you used Scripture to bring them back to reality. Very fitting!
Shann, I love your story. It would be a delightful story for children, as well as adults. You have some wise parents there!
04/19/12
A nicely written piece and an enjoyable read. Thank God everyday is a day the Lord has made—a holy day to celebrate the life He has given us!
You are such a sweetheart to leave such a loving comment for me! Your compliments warmed my heart so much! I thought this story was incredibly creative and well thought out. What a fun concept! I wish you had scored better because I think you deserve to be above me ;) 12 is a great number and it's an honor sharing it with you :)