The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1121 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such a beautiful story. I'm actually fighting tears. Well done. I hope the judges see what I see- a winner.
This is beautiful. I sensed that the wife was dying immediately and it set the tone of the love felt in the story. It gave me goosebumps.

There were a few tiny editing errors, a missing question mark or comma, chemotherapy and driveway are one words.

But the message of the story comes screaming through loud and clear. It is so important to slow down and take the holidays with your loved ones. This story really touched me and reminded me to live for today. I needed that message right now and I can't thank you enough for giving it to me.
04/12/12
Oh my, what a tear jerker! I was overwhelmed reading this...my husband and I recently lost two dear friends to cancer, so it hit home.

Good message to appreciate each moment we have while we are here on earth.

Thank you for bringing home a powerful message, and loving story.

God Bless~
04/12/12
Beautiful. Still crying. Gotta go.
04/13/12
Touching, sad, but lovely. Very good.
04/13/12
A masterful job of building your story and setting the scene and the mood. I know I felt, saw and heard just what you wanted to convey in this story and that takes skill that is beyond all but a lucky few. Thanks for sharing.
04/13/12
Just beautiful! Such a poignant love story and well written. You did an awesome job! God bless!
A sweet, well-written story!
Now I'm in a dilemma because I've already said I hope another story is the winner, and now I hope this one is! Very well done!
Very well written. Conversation flowed well. Brought tears to my eyes.
04/19/12
Congratulations & God Bless~
04/19/12
Nicely done and congratulations on the "Highly Commended" recognition!
04/19/12
Congratulations, well done!
04/19/12
Beautifully written and a very moving story. Congrats on your 9th place award. And I know Lorne too! A lovely place to set the story.
This is a beautiful aritlce!! I love the way the story unfolds gradually and naturally. I'm sure this story will touch a lot of hearts out there:)