The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1040 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoy this POV. Encouraging someone may not always be a positive thing. I'm sure Hitler received a lot of encouragement from his lackeys. I liked how you took a negative and turned it around. What a wonderful lesson especially for those of us who see the glass as half-empty.
03/01/12
Sometimes those words that sound discouraging at first are the ones we need to hear more than anything superfluous or sugar-coated. Those are the words that help us to grow and better ourselves. They're hard to receive, they're even harder to say! But they are important. I respect people who are brave enough to offer that form of encouragement.

Great take on the topic!
03/01/12
A well written piece that offers the reader deep reflection, and a call to feelings. Nicely done.

Thank you. God Bless you~
03/06/12
An interesting thought on the not so encouraging words that spur us on. Nicely written!
03/07/12
Living in Arizona, I am familiar with spurs. But I love the definition of encouragement to mean to spur on. I agree, sometimes what seems discouraging actually encourages us to do better. I love this entry. God bless!
03/08/12
Congratulations on the "Highly Commended" ranking - well done!
03/08/12
Congratulations! God Bless~
Congratulations on your HC and for ranking 21st overall!
03/09/12
Great job! Congratulations! :D
03/20/12
Looking behind what sounds negative takes real grace and humility, which you have expressed very well.
Congratulations on your HC with only your second shot. Welcome to FaithWriters and God bless you as your writing ministry develops.