The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1467 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent writing. I like the way you presented this. An enjoyable read for sure.
07/16/11
Miryam brought to life in the lines of this story, is such a vivid reminder that the countless affected by the long reaching, many hands of war - are not just faceless causalities or statistics of politician’s plans, but real people - with real feelings, left to deal however they can. Well done story that in its simple presentation, packs a powerful and emotional impression!
07/17/11
Great piece describing life for too many women in the world. Great job showing her picking up the pieces as so many women continue to do in their lives in spite of the struggle. Well-done!
The contrast in your story with what was gone and what was left after war was well done. You did an excellent job of "showing" the problem.
07/19/11
An amazing description of the personal impact of political decisions. Well done!
I love how Myram sees her blessings and gives thanks for them despite her circumstances. THAT is peace in the midst war. Excellent descriptions, and worked into the story so well I didn't even notice them! A very visual slice-of-life story.
07/20/11
Wow! This could be any woman's story from a war-torn country. Must hold onto hope for the future and thanksgiving. Good job!
07/21/11
Great story...Enjoyed it immensely. Blessings to you and yours~
07/21/11
Congratulations on a well deserved win!
07/21/11
Congratulations Glynis. Well done.
07/25/11
Way to go, Glynis! :)

This is a wonderful piece of writing. Very nicely done.
The last three paragraphs are especially strong, in my opinion.

Congrats on EC!!!!