The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 713 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very touching story and such a good reminder that the Lord does watch over us. I liked the way you used the train. First it was an object that caused fear, because of the life threatening incident,and the people who hung around, for the little girl. Then as her fear dissipated and she began to overcome those feelings, it turned into something she looked forward to and was a gentle reminder of her parents love. The ending was prefect as her momma chooses to illustrate and remind the daughter of God's protection.
This is a great story. Iremember being a tad like Mandie when I was little. This would make A great middle-reader story. I think many 8-10 yo would benefit from it.
06/11/11
I enjoyed this tender story of learning to trust God and not one's fears. Excellent visuals, well done!
06/13/11
I felt for little Mandy in your sweet story. I also as a little girl felt frightened at night. It is very difficult on a child to have fear like that. So happy your story ended with Mandy learning to trust and overcoming her fears. God bless!
Great story. I grew up by the railroad tracks and hardly was aware of their approach. (you get used to the whistles.
I remember a hobo stopped by our house and Mom fed him outside at the picnic table.
06/15/11
Very evocative writing and authentic POV. How about this little girl "training" herself to trust God??? Yet if our hearts are open to him, he can speak through many unexpected voices.
Blesings on you.