The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1031 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A timely homily, well written. But believe me, it can be even more difficult to accept retirement when the time really comes! God bless you as you continue to accept the challenges of life.
05/20/11
That's a good analogy. There are times when retiring sounds awfully good. It can be tough to keep on keeping on. Thanks for the encouragement.
I can almost visualize Jeremy in his Jersey and hat stooped over the ball holder, swinging excitedly. I remember those days when my own sons use to play T-Ball. One thing we encouraged was to keep at it and when the season was over then they could be done. Good for mom saying-"They's no retiring in T Ball." Too bad our society thinks otherwise too often.Good comparison to life and how the Lord expects us to stay in the game. Indeed,"Let's play ball."
05/21/11
Great analogy between your son’s “retiring” from T-Ball and the responsibilities God gives us in life! This short story is a homerun with it’s powerful message! Enjoyed!
05/22/11
This article reminds me of the song "Homerun" by Geoff Moore and the Distance. You do a great job of connecting the dots between your story and the life lesson and it's very well written. Thanks for sharing it.
05/22/11
Great use of this week's topic. Great story with wonderful spiritual truth applied. God bless!
05/23/11
Interesting concept. I wonder, if while we dramatize our woes, whether they be great or small in our minds, I wonder if God looks at us with that, "There's no crying in baseball look." For, with our small minds we cannot begin to conceive the whole picture.
05/26/11
Excellent job, Kristi - congrats on your great placing! I loved this so much!
05/26/11
Congratulations on your placing!
05/26/11
Congratulations on placing 3rd with your well written reminder!
11/29/11
Kristi, I'm going to feature this wonderful object lesson as the Front Page Showcase article for the week of Dec. 5. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!