The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1517 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an amazing story. It really drew me in and I found I was almost holding my breath as your MC held that letter - I was so glad when she made the right decision. Your descriptions are so vivid - eg'peering through my own predisposed emotional lens thick with relational pain.' I could really feel for your MC. Excellent.
05/15/11
Poetry in prose. Absolutely masterful. I was absolutely engaged in this story from beginning to end.
This story contained excellent descriptions that heightened my senses, and presented an interesting dilemma that would make for a great discussion in a group setting.
Congratulations Beth. SO well deserved - a fantastic story.
05/19/11
wow! lovely descriptions and well chosen to site it in the present tense the immediacy contrasts with the old and antique discovery :-)
congrats on the EC
05/19/11
I was mesmerized from the description of the the dropping jaw of the old dresser to the the match she lit. Can't say I would have made the same decision but this very emotional piece raises many issues that are well worth pondering.
05/20/11
Congratulations on making the top ten Editors choices. Your story touched my heart. Very good writing, don't stop.