The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 947 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/05/11
You have clearly traced through the emotional turmoil that shock sprays around inside our minds when we can't get a handle on a disaster.
I like the last thought, because it's impossible to click CRTL/ALT/DEL and revert to life beforehand. Yet God's grace can embrace any hurt and turn it into a strength.
05/06/11
Poof and it's gone. This poem reminds me -- of a friend who recently lost her mother. Suddenly. Mother and daughter flew accross states together, then poof the mother was gone and daughter had to fly back alone. But there were also some incredible, God-driven miracles that happened on that same trip and since. I know that restoration will come, and I pray for it to come boldly for all who have suffered from recent disasters.
Such an evocative piece; it's just perfect for the destruction that was, and for the hope that is, and the future that will be. Great job!
05/07/11
Great job putting us in the storm and expressing the sudden devastation. Good title.
You certainly captured the shock and devastation that a storm can cause.
05/08/11
It's amazing how something that looks strong and sturdy can be gone in a heartbeat. Poof! It's a reminder to us how fleeting life is, for sure.
I think you captured the dismay one goes through in the aftermath of an unexpected and tragic event. I found the 8 and 9th stanzas you wrote to be what spoke to me most profoundly. God, is in control despite what we see about us.
05/10/11
This could have been written on the pages of today's newspapers! Your words and phrases are super! Great work!