The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1437 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Not really sure how I feel about this story. It’s written well, no doubt about it, and I enjoyed reading it. It could be a true story but I was puzzled with the ending.

I had a little bump at Susan Boyle—I had to do a file search in my brain for the reference. Maybe a descriptive tag like ‘UK’s Star Search (or whatever program it was) phenomenon Susan Boyle’ would help.
04/26/11
Neat story -- Marge sure lived up the the reputation of mystery that you assigned to her in the beginning. I can't help wondering what really happened to her ... but although she can't really be an angel, maybe she did get a chance to sing with them.

Well done. You drew me in.
04/27/11
I'm glad you mentioned our Susan. I'd no problem with your story, I believe in angels among us that we are unaware of. I have a story or two about that, as I'm sure most Christians have. Enjoyed, thanks!
I really liked your story. For me comparing her singing voice to Susan Boyle gave me a mental picture of Marge and how well she sang. I liked that Marge didn't have any money but still gave all she had her time. Many people feel having an angel as the twist or that everything was a dream is an easy way to wrap everything up. But I felt you left the ending open-something horrible might have happened to her or she may have been an angel. Nice job.
04/28/11
This reminds me very much of a story pulled out from the TV series, 'Touched by an Angel.'

I believe in angels, so this story, to me, is not something I cannot accept. In fact, I believe I may have met some angels unknowingly, especially strangers who just happened to be around to give a helping hand when I am lost in an unknown place.

A very interesting read and an unusual take on the topic. Excellent work!

04/28/11
Good to see you writing again. This was truly interesting. Certainly one to make me think. Thanks for writing it.