The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1103 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/21/11
A creative POV in this piece.
I enjoyed your POV on this piece of history. You did a great job showing me the details. I could almost feel his pain. The footnotes were quite interesting as well.
04/26/11
Your vivid details of the crucifixion made me glad we don't do that anymore. Enjoyed hearing the story from the thief's perspective.
Creative and well-written. POV is perfect for telling the story.
04/27/11
Marvelous take on the story of the redeemed thief! And the title is perfect. I can't imagine "Zeke" being a common Jewish name in Jesus' time, but it gave the character some spice anyway. :)

You also did a great job with the agonizing details of the crucifixion. Having just read Lee Strobel's A Case for Easter, I could tell that you had your facts right on.
04/27/11
A very interesting take on the topic so well told and written - thanks!
Superb retelling!
I really love this! Your POV was perfect, realistic even for modern readers, and the point brought home with not a scent nor whisper of preaching. Beautiful!
Congratulations in placing 12th in level 3!
04/29/11
Very creative and as always well written. Congratulations on placing 12th.
05/04/11
This left me wanting more (and I know we are limited to word count here) but I have often thought about just what your wrote…
what was all going though the thief’s mind, that was saved while on the cross and then discovering he REALLY had made it to heaven…by NO merit of his own, except to ask!
Powerful piece! Well Done! Fit the topic perfectly!
06/02/11
A beautiful picture of God's grace.
12/15/21
A fresh retelling of the story that is so precious to us all. I liked it. It occurs to me that like we have so much in common with Barabbas where Jesus died in his place, we also share this with this thief who wouldn’t be in heaven if Barabbas had been on the cross, neither would we. Good job.