The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1988 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/21/11
Wow. This is a wonderful piece of writing. At first, the beginning seemed a bit off-topic, but the more I read, the more I was drawn into this story and the MC's thoughts and emotions.
I'm crying as I read this it just doesn't seem possible that a father could sell his daughter. You did an amazing job with this difficult topic.
04/27/11
You hear tales of others lives that seems so awful it is hard to imagine…you made us imagine!

When I am left weeping, I can only imagine how God weeps.

Powerful writing.
Congratulations on your first place in Level 3 and EC win.
04/28/11
I love the way you wrote this. Tender and raw at the same time. Very well done.
Tremendous capturing of the little girl's voice. Felt so real. Love the ending.
Excellent writing. Congratulations!
Congratulations on a job well-done!
Amazing piece of writing. Congratulations, Tracy!!
04/28/11
So compelling! I wept! We have to care and do something to help! Great writing! God bless and congrats on your placement!
04/28/11
You have captured a sense of vacant, robotic sense of vulnerability in such a simple yet powerful voice. A well-deserved win.
04/29/11
What a passionate story -eartfelt, riveting, makes such a clear point. Quite a work of art. Congratulations on your EC!
04/29/11
Powerful, excellent, congratulations!
04/29/11
Powerful piece. Made me cry. Well deserved 1st place. Excellent writing.
What a heartbreaking story and an excellent way to make known a horrific circumstance! Congratulaions on your EC.