The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1045 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this - wonderfully crafted and relatable on so many levels. You surprised me: thought you were only going to describe the eternity of girls in the bathroom...bye the way, shes got NOTHIN on my sixteen year old SON!!!!!
Enjoyed this, good writing. I teared up a little when you spoke about your wife.
This is a sweet exchange between a father and daughter. It's tough raising a teenager girl these days with 2 parents.
03/14/11
I like your balance, not easily-achieved, of deep feeling and a deep sense of fun. I gte the feeling that his prayers are answered by a healthy dose of normality, rather than any memorable spritual high that might easily distract him from the normality where we all spend our days.
03/15/11
This is a lovely exchange between father and daughter. In my writing group, we've discussed the use of regional dialect (jes, yer)and opinions are mixed. I find it distracting and not necessary...I wonder if there is another way to introduce "place."
03/16/11
I don't know how families with 5 and 6 kids or more lived with one bathroom. It used to be quite common years ago.

I loved the dialogue between father and daughter. I am glad she had an aunt nearby to give her some guidance, also.
03/16/11
Really sweet story. Your characters were real and engaging. Well done.
I enjoyed this very much! Delightful, real and touching, all rolled into one.