The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1496 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/25/10
This is excellent! You've done a terrific job with the names of your characters (I'm not even going to ask how long it took you to come up with them all.) A sad but true warning wrapped in a clever package. One little slip I caught: "shakin': should be "shackin'" — this was a really good take on the theme.
11/26/10
This was a story that really held one's interest, and I wondered where it was when we wrote about gossip? Very well done and well named. Loved it!
11/28/10
Loved this. And yes, the telephone and the prayer chain are such great tools for gossip. You sure brought it all out in the light. Funny and thought-provoking. Great job!
11/30/10
The telephone is a great tool where people can communicate and pray together even when far apart if used correctly. This story would make a good piece for the topic on gossip/rumors as well. A good reminder on how we ought always to accurately handle our words in truth when conveying messages.
I enjoyed reading this article. Good job! :)
Congratulations on an EC for a great job with this poem. The title was perfect to tell the story.
Congratulations on your EC! This was a delight to read. I'll never know how you come up withsuch perfect names but I laughed heartily at them. The sad part of this story is that in many churches a prayer chain is nothing but an excuse to gossip. Great message.
12/02/10
I had to laugh at myself...I thought the title was a foreign language and didn't get it until I was through with the story. Oh boy, Uben Hadd sure held true for me. Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition. I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. I laughed out loud several times.
12/03/10
Mona, I always love reading your creative stories. This one is great [with a super message]. Congratulations on your Editor's Choice award.