The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1298 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really like the last line. It is so true we do need to learn to listen to others.
10/21/10
Great thoughts and well-written. My husband and I have been married for 34 years...we can be in the same room without saying a word for several hours, and yet, completely communicate and understand each other in a hundred ways.
10/21/10
Nicely written! Perhaps Merton looks down & smiles. :) It may even have been the quiet of the monastic environment that enabled Luther the opportunity for the searchings of heart to recognize his total depravity & need for the imputed righteousness of Christ.
10/21/10
Nicely written! Perhaps Merton looks down & smiles. :) It may even have been the quiet of the monastic environment that enabled Luther the opportunity for the searchings of heart to recognize his total depravity & need for the imputed righteousness of Christ.
10/21/10
I was spellbound by the beauty of your entry. To see tranquility, peace and brotherhood in the eyes of another--what a rare thing these days! There is originality in your story as well. Who would have thought of body language as communication? Very well done.
10/21/10
I learned from this piece. I had to look up Trappists. This was beautiful and the last line was amazing and true.
10/26/10
Beautiful--I like the phrase 'holy hush' very much.

I wanted this to go on--perhaps more characterization of the narrator?

This was a serene and satisfying read.
10/26/10
Short, succinct, yet full of depth. You packed plenty of great writing into a small package. Well done!
Congratulations on placing 35th overall.