The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2102 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/16/10
The child's voice and innocent thoughts are realistic. Very sweet story with nice details and characterization. I enjoyed this.
09/16/10
This was delightful and so true to what I'm sure children do think and feel in situations like what you described.

You did a wonderful job with this topic!
09/16/10
This is so sweet and real, great POV. The innocence and questions from a child can teach us all. Loved it!
09/16/10
I loved the voice of the child throughout this piece. Your ending tied in perfectly to the topic and the realistic innocence of the MC made this story a winner for me.
I loved this story. It reminded me of when my grandfather died, everytime we drove past the funeral home my 5 yo old would say, "That's where Poppa lives now." Kids sure do have an unique take on life. You captured that innocent and curious youngster quite well.
09/19/10
This is sad and brought on tears. Adults tend to forget to let children know what to expect at funerals.

Good job on relaying the thoughts of a child.
Love the way you presented this and the simple question asked by the child at then end - so innocent, but so real. You captured it perfectly!
I really loved the voice of this piece--you nailed it. Good job.
09/22/10
Simply delightful both in clarity of voice and beauty of message. Well done.
Remarkably accurate voice as the child tries to figure out what exactly happened here. And the introduction in the child's mind of the body and soul would be facinating to watch develop. Wow--great stuff here.
I enjoyed this so much! The voice is awesome, and the topic, even though not revealed until the end, is very clear. Great job!
Double bravo on this! You captured the child's mind in such a real way. I was about that age at my grandmother's funeral. So real.

Top notch writing!
Glad to see this placed so highly with your EC. You did a wonderful job capturing the mind of a child. Congratulations on your EC!
Oooh, the child-like voice really got to me. WOW! So expertly woven, the title made sense at the end.

Congrats! ^_^
Congratulations for placing 7th in your level and for the EC!
01/25/12
Christina, I'm going to feature this story on the Front Page Showcase for the week for February 27. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!