The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1522 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent. You have set the bar high for all of us. This is EC quality, in my opinion.
Truly great story. I didn't want it to end.
I felt as though I was reading one of my nightstand books and couldn't put it down until I finished it!
You pulled me back right into the era and the setting. I could envision everything. You wrote a beautiful, poignant story.
02/09/10
Ohhh, I love this story. So believable, sad, likely, deep and pure. One day when we get to Heaven, I believe God is going to show us so many of these lessons.
A winner, for sure.

Mona
I really liked the way you were able to weave so many critical scene into the story and still have room to flesh out the characters and their own personal stories. This is not easily done - but you've done it very, very well.
what an absolutely marvelous story!
02/10/10
What unhappiness we sometimes hold when we misconceive what could have been but is not. The ending gives a perfect closure to the story in expressing the bittersweet realization. Thumbs up for a very well written piece.
02/10/10
I like how you didn't rush the story, you took your time laying out the plot, character development, etc. But you still had enough time and words to bring it to a its powerful conclusion. You made a difficult task look easy. Well done.
02/11/10
WOW! This was really good, You managed to get a lot into a limited number of words, That is tight, and well done!
02/11/10
I was mesmerized from start to finish. I loved this. Phenomenal.
02/11/10
Yep, I was right. Winner all the way!
Mona
02/11/10
Wow! Phenomenal well-crafted story. Congrats, Carol!
02/11/10
This was excellent. I'm amazed at the depth of characters you created and the amount of plot you squeezed effortlessly into 750 words! It's a great example for us newbies.
02/12/10
Excellent title; outstanding piece of writing! Congratulations!
02/13/10
No surprise that this is a top entry--congrats on your placement and win. I was drawn in my the characters and the pace of this story. Sounds like there could be so much more to tell--maybe in a novel? Great writing.
Wonderful story writing displayed here. Congratulations on your EC!