The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 983 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/05/10
Grrr-atitude! Good active story and dialogue.
02/05/10
Just as lovely a surprise at for the reader as for Claudia.
Poor Claudia! She was quite within her right to utter a heartfelt and very loud "Grrr". I'm glad her boss realised her worth. Good story.
A very entertaining story. i enjoyed her sarcastic undertones and the constant glances at her watch. You surprised me with the ending. It was nice her boss did appreciate her. My only suggestion would be to cut down on the ! points. You use great words, you don't need the added exclamation points.
02/09/10
Very well done. Entertaining and believable. Played out across offices worldwide. The Grrr really works in this one!
Good job. Mona
I liked the way you led us through your MC's thoughts and concluding that with every cloud there is a silver lining - somewhere - . I liked the ending, but left me wondering, if, in the real world, such bosses truly exist. Maybe they do and your story give us hope for imagining such things.
02/09/10
Wow... I wish the Claudias of the world always got rewarded at the end! But perhaps her best reward was just in knowing that she could channel her frustration constructively. Sometimes, a job well done is its own reward. Enjoyed this!
Congratulations on your Highly Commended placing!! Hooray!!
Congrats on your placing!
02/12/10
Superbly written and well deserving of your placement! I'm afraid this story is repeated all across America...maybe without the good result.
Congratulations on your placement! Great flow. I also like how she calmed down before getting the flowers. Wonderful story!