The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 957 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/12/09
I really enjoyed the first poem. In fact I wanted more of it but then I found myself reading about water lily's. Now don't get me wrong I liked the water lily poem but instead of 2 poems I wanted more of the first. It made me think in ways I hadn't before. Purple saying to God, 'let me worship You' is excellent. But purple was also there in His darkest hours. I'd like you to write more of the first poem, Lilac Atonement because I don't think it's finished.
11/12/09
As the first comment says 'I want more' of the first. But then again that is how we are when in the midst of worship--wanting more snd wanting to give more.Perhaps better said--we want to linger. So I think your two part poem is a perfect depiction of worship/life on earth. Unfinished yet we are given something else beautiful to keep us going. Breathtaking writing!!!
Beautiful, just so very beautiful...!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this poem. The first short stanza introduces the theme beautifully, then the second half is just so full of wonderful descriptions of exuberant worship - the royal purple of nature bowing before its Creator.
I love too the way you totally changed the meter, the rythm and rhyme of the third section, which heralds a totally different emphasis and in a way the simplicity and almost starkness of the cross, of rebirth through God's resurrection power . Wonderful, wonderful poem. Well done.
11/18/09
Honestly I didn't like either poem, but then that's just me. The first one was beautifully written but I don't think the color purple had to stand up and say anything to God, all of creation is a testament to God's glory, it's only man that has the freewill of choice to worship him. The second poem did not have purple as it base. His resurrection was a one time thing personally I do not want to crucify him daily to remember that he arose one time for all time.