The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1289 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting, lovely take on the topic. We have several international kids in our family and our church family as well. Loved this article!
A unique perspective. Your comments are persuasive and your deep involvement and commitment worthy of respect. I liked this line: "Immediately upon opening my arms to these three infants, God opened my heart with a passport; not only a passport to parenthood but also to the world."

08/03/05
I liked the thought that we don't have to wait to use our passports. We have such freedom! Great thoughts. God bless, littlelight
08/04/05
What a fascinating life.
08/04/05
What an amazing perspective! Bless you!
What an interesting interpretation of the topic. You can feel the love in every word and the gentle rebuke to those who consciously or subconsciously promote their own brand of monoculturalism. Well done. Would love to hear more of your story. Thank you.
I have tears in my eyes. Wow. Powerfully written, thank you! I have always dreamed of adoption. I am not married yet, but perhaps the day will come when my husband and I can embrace not only our blood-born children, but also our heart-born children.
08/05/05
This really took a loving slant on the topic. Very well done. I like this a lot.
08/06/05
An amazing story -and God bless you! My father-in-law was adopted, but we know nothing about his birth family. My husband has always thought of adoping, while I've wanted to do foster care. Someday, if God leads us down one of those roads, I pray that we have as good of an experience as you have.
Creativity! Sensitivity! The home where love is the walls are made of elastic! Loved this!
08/07/05
I find people who adopt/foster to have the biggest hearts. Thanks for sharing you special journey.