The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1564 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/09
A marvellous tribute to one of Africa's greatest missionaries.
His willingness to be "sacrificed" reminded me of Christ - willing to die so that people might believe. An educational history story AND a good read.
03/14/09
This was marvelous. I just read that a true witness must have the heart and mind to be willing to exchange his own salvation/life for that of whom he is witnessing to. So very well portrayed. Loved it.
I really enjoyed this glimpse into the life of a brave, Godly missionary.
03/15/09
Oh wow! An incredible tribute and wonderful, wonderful descriptions. I could feel the tension.
03/17/09
I loved the implication there that the natives felt the missionary must have 10 lives for he had no fear of losing the one he lived. We should all live with that in mind.
03/17/09
I loved the implication there that the natives felt the missionary must have 10 lives for he had no fear of losing the one he lived. We should all live with that in mind.
03/18/09
She later became the wife of David Livingstone? So what happened to Mr Moffat? I know, I know, 750 words is nowhere near enough. With what you had, you've painted a great picture. I love missionary biographies and this is a beauty. His waistcoat and comment about his state of undress is in stark contrast to the local people, but I know that just reflects the thinking and customs of the time. It's a wonderful piece of writing and thank you for sharing it.
03/19/09
I was on the edge of my seat until the end, wondering what would happen! A moving story, very well written. Congratulations!
03/19/09
Excellent writing. Congratulations on your EC. I loved the understated 'They were not happy'

I hope I would be as brave... we never know till we face the test. Reading such stories inspires us to greater faith and courage. Thanks for writing this.
03/19/09
Great work - I really enjoyed this. Very well written and certainly deserving of the EC!