The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1439 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
Wonderful dialogue within a moving story. Well done.
03/12/09
An intriguing trip through time to an earlier era. I liked the frustrations with primitive superstition - although the Irish part of me wonders what's wrong with banshees (and leprechauns!)
I couldn't quite work out the significance of the photos. Maybe I need another commentator to leave me a hint!
I'm so glad these missionaries were successful, even tho they didn't live to see the fruit of their labor for the Lord. The dialog is excellent!
03/14/09
So tragic. It left me wondering how the story was told since both were killed? Or did I miss something?
Mona
03/14/09
I was engaged. Great interaction between the two missionaries - their relationship was very real. What a sad piece, but I am certainly pleased that the message went through to these people despite the cost.
It seemed to me God used the photos to teach a lesson directly to the chief's heart, just as the mc had hoped it would. I loved the mc and her husband's devotion to God and to each other and to the people they were sent to minister to. A wonderfully told story.
You drew me in to the story and gave me a real appreciation and concern for the characters. I love how you mix a lot of deep and meaningful ideas and thoughts into your stories. You really get the reader thinking about things, and that is smart writing.

Glad I'm able to catch up on some of your stuff that I didn't have the chance to read before.