The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1634 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great job. This is a lot of fun. We name our vehicles too. I even have a Bessie of my own! Your descriptions were great and I love the connection to spending time with family and aging.
07/25/05
Oh no - not the saggy rear suspension! Too funny. Thanks for the enjoyable ride.
07/26/05
This is a great character sketch of an old car - beginning with the name.
07/26/05
Wistfully funny. My favorite was 'her get up and go got up and went'.
How can the reader not fall in love with Bessie, the matriarch of the family?! A great line: "In an age of convenience and disposables, Bessie has taught us the value of growing old together."
07/28/05
I liked Old Bess the peacekeeper. This was realistic, lighthearted and humerous. Old Bess had just the right touch. God bless, littlelight
07/28/05
This was a wonderful read. Great "car trip" angle and written well. I found myself rooting for Bessie! I hope she's with you for a long time!
Blessings, Lynda
07/29/05
You have truly given the reader great respect and love for Bessie who has remained faithful and loyal to the family. You have managed this tale with love and humour and it shows what a great writer you are. Thanks for sharing.
07/29/05
Good job! This was a fun read.
07/30/05
Thanks! Nice writing! Keep it up!
08/06/05
A delightful and well written story. Thank you so much for sharing it.