The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1198 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/08
What a novel way to bring tremendous meaning and teaching to the theme. Very well done.
12/05/08
What a really memorable piece of writing! Unique POV, fascinating voice, and the characters of the parents are totally unforgettable. Awesome story.
This is a winner! Very well done! Charaterizations and point of view are excellent.
Incredibly well done 2nd person POV!
12/05/08
LOL I love the insertion of "Pepper your gravy" in the paragraph where you have the bombshell request to move back home. I can see that your character Peal must have haunted you. :) Then your italicized, "Somebody wants me." really hit me between the eyes. Great message! You are so talented, wow!
12/06/08
What a deep, creative well God has given you. It is a true privilege for us to read this kind of writing that raises the bar of excellence for all of us...we demand a book, already!
Excellant writing! Unique story and a winner!
Memorable? I'll say! This story is, as well. What a unique perspective for the topic.
12/08/08
Sha Bam - this one rocked! Really like the POV, the humor along with the angst and message. I am in awe, truly.
Love the uniqueness of this piece. It made me smile, and I thoroughly enjoyed the read.
12/09/08
What a unique experience! I'm not sure anyone would really do that....but it makes an interesting point to ponder!
12/09/08
Sensational writing. Your first half is so incredibly sharp. I'm kind of glad that you changed tack or I might have been left with an odd taste in my mouth at the end.
One mild criticism would be that I thought the middle section was too brief and needed either to be expanded or deleted.
So are you planning to hit an off-week any time soon and submit only an average story? Just as the rest of us lesser mortals seem obliged to do...
12/09/08
I have no idea how I missed this the first time I read the entries in masters. Awesome writing. I loved the repeated 'Don't cry'; The hard exterior hiding the desperate longing inside. I have heard of so many ways to salvage a falling apart marriage, but handing the husband over to the wife's parents for a year is definitiely a new idea!
12/09/08
Love the twists,turns and endings and especially liked this phrase:"let fall. Your father has taught him to carry a handkerchief."
12/09/08
Very good. Very smooth.
It's too bad her pride kept her away from her parents' home a whole year, but good to see she finally overcame that.
12/09/08
Wow. What a creative take on this topic. Loved it from start to finish. The Somebody wants me. line really got me too... wow.
12/11/08
An unusual and beautiful story. I couldn't guess at any point in the story where you were headed with it, but I did like where you ultimately arrived!
Wow. I'm glad I went searching for this. Great story - Creative - Certainly memorable. Really appreciated how you allowed your mc to be so very open. The way you showed her emotions really drew me in. :)
12/16/08
I loved loved loved this one.. and I want to share it with some in my life who are experiencing marital issues.. this is priceless.. thanks~