The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1638 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/08
Oh, this was so FUN! In real life i have always wanted to write a sarcastic christmas letter. (what is it about those holiday letters that make us love to hate them?)
this was done with just the right touch of humor, emotions and sense of God's presence in the mc's life. well done!
Alyssa is one smart girl who will go very far! I'd love to receive this kind of Christmas letter. Blessings,
Brilliant! This has to be a winner. Alyssa's voice in this story is so adorable. I feel like I know her! I loved the ending too. Very well done.
Excellent job! I want to borrow Alyssa's Christmas letter for myself! I enjoyed all the false starts and her sense of humor.
This is great. I love her humor with her first drafts of the Christmas letter. I love her faith filled spirit. We should all count our blessings as Alyssa does. Wonderful!
11/19/08
I love this! It touches on many true elements in life and is written with a fun edge that made it totally compelling and it ended exactly as it should.
Nice chatty format that makes it easy and enjoyable to read - not to mention the reminder at the end - to look for the blessings. Good message, relatable, and well written!
Excellent message, well told. So enjoyed the characters you created, making them so easy to identify with.
Congratulations are definitely in order of placing in EC with this excellently written story! You have a delightful character, great humor, and a wonderful message.
11/21/08
I loved this. It was so realistic, and I can definitely relate to your MC...except my cat's name was Socks :) Congratulations.