The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1426 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this unique analogy. Sometimes it is those object lessons that get through to our kids where all the reasoning in the world won't.
08/08/08
You've perfectly described a nine year old "making holes for the sake of making holes" and your explanation is perfect, "When you're nine, you can do stuff like that." :) I like how you've written this, especially with your description of canyons and this particular bridge… I could see it from your writing.
08/10/08
This was awesome! I liked the analogies. I also liked your reason for the character to be digging holes. your overall analogy was perfect. I agree with it too!
08/10/08
Convincing, engaging, and realistic dialogue. Great metaphor.
I enjoyed the dialogue in this piece. Very realistic. Thank you for sharing this.
I wonder if this is a true memory or fiction. Either way, it's a strong, real story.
What a wise father and a great lesson. Excellent job!
Excellent message and congratulations on your well deserved win!
Congrats! I knew this would do good.
I really enjoyed reading this entry. You did a fine job painting the canvas of this story with your words. Well done, my FaithWriter friend.