The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1125 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your symbolism in this free verse is outstanding. This is an awesome poem. I love it.
07/17/08
This was good. The first stanza was irresistible, and the following imagery did not disappoint.
You deftly probe this haunting, daunting concern.
07/20/08
This was amazing...I am blown away. Excellent.
07/20/08
I love the metaphor of the first line -- and the entire poem.
WOW! what an awesome entry.
07/21/08
Great, concrete way to illustrate memory. And this is very well written, but . . . the ending seems hopeless. The dining situation reminds me a little of The Last Supper. I'm not real sharp when it comes to poetry, but is there a connection? I would love to see one worked in.
I don't know a lot about different styles of peotry. But, I do know that I really liked this poem. Great writing!
10/24/08
LauraAnne, I missed this lovely poem with an extended metaphor the first time around, but I'm so glad I found it now! I plan to feature it for the Front Page Showcase for the week of November 17. Look for it on the FaithWriters Home page, and congratulations!
11/19/08
Laura Anne -- I was trying to pick out a favorite part, but every word choice is so perfect. Your ending is so emotional. Beautiful writing. Congrats on being the FW Front Page Showcase author!