The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1547 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/01/08
Just delightful and sweet and wonderful. Masterfully done.
Just wonderful! I loved the last line, it was truly special, it summed up the 'way' of a mother, I supposed. I liked it. Nice job! ^_^
What a delightful and tender poem. The last line was precious. Very nicely done.
What a tender, loving poem. It speaks of every young mother's heart at the very beginning, wanting so much to do a good job with the assignment God gave to them. Great poem!
05/05/08
Lovely and wonderful! This poem expresses all the feelings mothers have beautifully.
The words are so touching and, I like that father is also brought into the poem. Beautifully written.
Ahhh....that is so lovely. It reads beautifully and expresses all the stages of motherhood so very well. Very enjoyable to read.
05/06/08
The rhyming heartbeat of a mother. Just beautiful. And your ending was perfectly perfect.
05/06/08
I had to smile at this, "With bottles, diapers, baby food, -- I thought that I was through, -- When God sent me another child, -- Now son and daughter, too." I wonder how many FWers this has happened too. :) Your pleasant thoughts are so eloquently penned in this. Very nice!
05/06/08
I had to smile at this, "With bottles, diapers, baby food, -- I thought that I was through, -- When God sent me another child, -- Now son and daughter, too." I wonder how many FWers this has happened too. :) Your pleasant thoughts are so eloquently penned in this. Very nice!
I so admire your work. You say so much so well with so few words. Your last line resonates with me as I've heard it a thousand times from my own mother...."you will always be a child to me." Somehow, there is great comfort in that.
05/08/08
Wow Verna! You captured the thoughts and hearts of many here at FW.
Laury
Oh, Verna! What a beautiful ode straight from a mother's heart! And your ending was just perfect. My, you've captured a mother's thoughts so completely and wonderfully here. I just love this.. it's so real and so lovely too. One of my favorites of all I've ever read! You are such a master poet! Thank you especially for this one.