The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1071 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/08
Wonderful structure, and the poem brought a lump to my throat--so full of longing, melancholy, regret. You have a gift, and we're blessed that you share it with us.
03/15/08
This is definitely NOT for the simpleton...like me. It was far over my head and from the "terzanelle" in the Title to the end...I am ashamed to say this, but I was lost in a beautiful haze - not knowing where I was going or what I was reading It probably doesn't make sense to an intellectual - but consider the source and smile... I write for children Great job (I think,) (*.*)
03/17/08
I could feel the melancholy even though I didn't understand the poem (LoL, I'm not a poetry person)--but I sure did understand the feeling that flowed through this.
03/18/08
Terrific structure, and you conveyed the repeated opportunities and failures to take them succinctly. Nice work!
I'll be totally honest. I had to Google the word 'Terzanelle'- I'd never heard of it.

After reading 'Tomorrow's Terzanelle', I know why you are in Advanced and I am in Beginners.

The regret, and the pain, and the sorrow seep from every pore of this poem (is poem too lowly a word?). On target for topic? Definitely!
Very good. I was, in the begining, having a hard time understanding (I'm a simple one also), but while I read and felt this poem, I felt the Lord begin to let me see it. It is beautiful, and very thought provoking!
I am no poet thus my knowledge in this area is remote. I will say though that while reading this there was a certain tempo that resonated from what you have written. I believe I did get the message though which is often something that flies over me in poetry.
I didn't really understand the poem, but that is my problem. I am not yet at the level to really understand this deep and beautiful level of poetry. I really enjoyed it though, regardless of my ignorance. :)
This made me want to run to the edge and pull the MC in. I love the way you dropped some of the lines lower and lower and until they fell off completely - symbolism in dynamics of the structure that parallel the message.