The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/08
Excellent lesson, both for plants and for people. Good work.
Your illustration makes an effective devotional. Good descriptions and interactions.
Love this devotional. The story part is especially well written. God has taught me lots of little lessons through gardening, and this is a great one to add to my wisdom collection! Very nice. )
03/10/08
Great devotional. I wish I'd read this before Sunday...it went perfectly with our Lenten lesson on John 15 "I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener"

I enjoyed this. Thanks for the blessing.
03/11/08
What a good lesson for us! I love all the things God teaches us through gardening, and this is a great devotional.
03/12/08
Nice allegory and great writing. Perfect illustration of the phrase for this week. :-)
03/12/08
Clear descriptions in this piece. There are some capitalization and punctuation errors. Fix those, and this will be a solid devotional.
Heehee, this is a good lesson here and I liked the illustration between the boy and the gardener. My only note is was quotation marks missing when he's saying "Dirt's dirt, water's water...etc"? Otherwise, this is a great devotional piece. ^_^
03/12/08
Very good object lesson! I wasn't expecting the little devo at the end, but it worked very well here.

I noticed some errors in punctuation and capitalization that you may want to edit.

I'm a non-gardener, but I really liked this!
03/13/08
Great job at using an everyday experience to illustrate one of the principles of the Kingdom of God. I would love to have seen some examples of roots that God needs to rip to make us grow in your conclusion, eg, a particular dark time in someones life that results in them growing like the plant.
We don't enjoy root ripping, but you showed escellently the necessity with your devotional entry.