The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2203 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/08
The ending is so, SO clever! That little extra spark that ties it into the topic without "breaking the rules." Enjoyed this.
I enjoyed reading this. A wonderful example of how God uses our mistakes for His glory.
Very creative and well presented. I enjoyed this one.
02/16/08
Wow! Creative and engaging. Wonderfully written. Loved the ending.
02/17/08
How clever. Writing right there on the edge, eh? lol! Love this story!
Laury
Cheeky! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps 'predestined' rather than 'predestinated'?
God bless you.
So often I have felt like Herkimer, the clumbsy part. I loved this story, you did a great job.
Now that was worth finding with the right clue :)
I loved this story! Very clever. Oh yes, I can definitely see this illustrated in a children's book. Especially Herkimer tripping and the stars going everywhere! Well done JD!
02/19/08
Hey thats good. It was funny and the ending was great. I really enjoyed it!
02/19/08
Ah ha! So that's what happened! Very clever and the last line is classic. Love everything about your story-so good!
02/19/08
This whole piece just sparkles. I can't wait to read it to my children...LOVE it!
02/19/08
Charming and grin-inducing.
02/19/08
I absolutely love this—your writing is super and your theology is right on!
This is excellent! Your writing shines like the stars in your story.
I feel that we have a placer here, I can't wait till Thursday to see. Masterful work here.
Ooh, This is simply delightful! I laughed at the end and it was just perfect here. I felt as if I could read more and more of this to know what happened. I liked how you had everything as if I were right there and watching it all happen. The name was cute too! this is a favorite of mine this week! Cute! ^_^
Delightfully creative--well done.
My 8-year-old daughter and I really enjoyed this. What a sweet story with a graet lesson. Very well written.
02/21/08
Congratulations on your EC!!!! Love it!
02/21/08
Wow! Is this two weeks in a row? Congrats on your EC and level placing with this!!!
02/21/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is really delightful. I'd love to see this as an illustrated children's book. Great job with the topic.
02/21/08
Fantastic. Definitely would make a good children's book. What a delight.
Beautiful story. Congrats on the win.
Congratulations on your EC. THis story begs to be published with beautiful, glittery pictuers. Great job!
03/04/09
I absolutely love that story. I love being able to look into heaven that way. Cool!
12/11/14
We love it!!!! I laughed and cried, Samantha laughed; how brilliant! REALLY GOOD!!! And it was so amazing how you truly communicated the character of God the Father, so loving, so gentle, and so all-knowing. AWESOME! And then the end, ..."the Milky Way"! Beautiful!
05/20/21
Your profile was listed today so I decided to look it up. It listed this article and once again, I decided to check it out. This piece was written clear back in 2008. I found it very amusing and right on point as far as the subject for the writing challenge. I also found it very well written. I am sure your writing has improved even more over the past 13 years. I enjoyed this story very much.