The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1578 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/08
Hey, you managed to get both meanings of the phrase in one story! I can identify with 333 days ago me. Maybe I should go repack those boxes now. ;-) LOL
Heehee! This was cute! I liked the line with the present me being happy with the past me. THAT was just perfect!
01/10/08
You've been spying in my attic! LoL. Your lesson came through loud and clear. :)
A great lesson is "packed away" neatly in this well written story.
A great lesson is "packed away" neatly in this well written story.
I loved the comparisons of past, present, and future.
Great writing.
01/11/08
Yes, I know the feeling! I'm always in too much of a hurry to take the stuff down—the following year I always regret my haste. Good story and a happy ending is always great. Love that last line.
01/11/08
Oh, I love this. And this is exactly what I meant to do this year -- but didn't. Great illustration of the topic.
01/12/08
WOW! You hit the topic from both sides, now that's masterful!!
01/12/08
Creative and fun take on the topic. Definitely a lesson for us. Enjoyed the read.
Perfectly on topic, and a great read. I love the self-hug, and the order of the three parts, putting the present first. Very good!
01/13/08
On the surface, this piece seems simple, but I know that 333 days from now I will still remember it. Wow!
01/14/08
Good opening sentence. Great voice and you wrapped it up nicely:)
I like the snippets over three different years. Very creatice, and a good illustration, too.
01/14/08
I'm going to take me tree down today. Thanks for the reminder of what next year will be like if I don't get to it and my husband does it himself.
Love the Past Me and Present Me comparisons. I'm pretty disorganized about things that are only used once a year, so I could relate.
Really fun read.
My basement is like this attic! I sure hope I can recall these lessons come spring when we heave-ho! Love how you hit both sides of this topic. Excellent.
For unoriginal written Wednesday night, this was very well done. You definitely managed to take both treks with this story, and it worked.
01/14/08
Hey, no fair peeking into my life!

This was every bit as clever as I've come to expect of your writing. The "present, past, future" device was done very well, and was a creative way to approach this topic.
Kristin when I read your stories I always feel like a 'person.' (as in the tailor in fiddler on the roof) I think that's your secret of connecting with your reader. Really great job and I'm crushed green that you did it at the last minute.
Light-hearted on the surface, but it hits home because so many of us do this. One of these years...
01/14/08
Like "A Christmas Carol," I loved the present, past, and future. You fulfilled the topic beautifully. Plus, you gave me a great idea for next year! I loved it.
01/15/08
I've always said I was going to take a picture...but NO! I didn't do it again this year! Love this story and the character-especially her "self" hug. Ha! You packed the topic up as neatly as the boxes in your story!
01/16/08
Oh my...I think that's what my attic looks like!! ROFL Brought home a good point! The only thing I can say is that the transitions from past to present to future were a little awkward. But all in all a good story! Thanks for laugh (and a good look at myself!)
Clever, with just a hint of Heloise in there for good measure. A didactic lesson we all can learn from...if I can just fine my camera, some paper and a marking pen...and oh, is that the doorbell I hear ringing?
Great job!
01/17/08
What a cool idea! I like this story....perhaps this will be a 'leap year' Christmas for the readers who take this idea to heart!
01/17/08
Don't you love it when things are organized. I enjoyed this! Great writing as usual! :)