The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1990 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/07
Interesting setting! I've often thought of the guards around Peter and Paul. I"m sure they got a preaching to everytime.
Your characters are lively and lifelike. I felt like a little mouse in a pocket, listening to their conversation.
12/04/07
Your title was very appropriate for this entry! Good job in portraying your MC's.
Laury
12/04/07
This is so well told that I pictured the entire scene being acted out on a church stage. This would be a great setup for a sermon on spiritual gifts. I also enjoyed your scriptural tie-in at the end to put the exclamation point on the message. Great piece!
12/04/07
Unique place to share the gifts God has given! I can think of no better place to reach out and share the gospel than a prison.
12/04/07
Allison, I Love the humor you weave into your stories! Their interchange was fun and it taught too. Good job! Hugs!
I loved how I was drawn right in to the setting and characters. An instant connection, not to mention a great message. Wonderful!
12/04/07
I loved it. Your story was very much like a parable.
12/04/07
Very good--this reads almost like a drama rather than a short story. Get your church to stage it!
This was presented clearly, ralistically and in an interesting manner--right on topic.
12/05/07
I enjoyed this - great scripture for the end especially. Perfect title too!
12/05/07
I like stories about corrections. Great message. God bless.
12/06/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is well written, and a good take on the topic. Great way to show our gifts can/should be used -- whatever our circumstances.
12/07/07
Congrats on your EC placing. I found this article quite touching and the humor was a pleasant surprise considering the setting.
Love it! Not only did the prisoner bring the guard to Christ, he is now discipling him, teaching him about the gifts of the Spirit. I think he has more than discernment. Well done, and congrats on your EC!