The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2535 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/07
Wow, what a twist at the end. God's grace surrounded by skin and bones. Very good.
11/30/07
I don't know if I could do what this woman did. Very good story.
Laury
Yelena found the secret. Real, true joy, detached from earthly concerns, is ours when we touch others with the kingdom of God. Your story is free-ing. Loved it.
A gift of service to an enemy would be the hardest of all, I think. You showed it very well in this well written story.
A great example of the way Christ gave his all for me when I did not deserve it! I only hope, but cannot imagine, I could respond this way. Very challenging story.
One of my favorites in this level. Such stories challenge me to pass on the grace and mercy I have received, instead of always focusing on just punishment.
Wonderful analogy. I love the vivid descriptions and message. One of my favorites this week.
12/04/07
I love the way Yelena prayed before her every act. It is the only way she could have served and sacrificed that way. It reminds me of Romans 12:1--Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
Powerful message!
12/04/07
Beautiful story. I loved your imagery and the twist at the end.
This is beautiful! I was instantly drawn in to the story. And I love twists at the end. This was a great one. Loved it!
12/04/07
Excellent writing--you really established the setting beautifully with sensory details.
12/05/07
A little shift in style. Very effective. Great story, descriptions and message. God bless.
Great twist! I sure didn't see that one coming, I thought that Samuel was her husband...instead of her husband's killer. Wow. Loved the bit with the oasis too.
Yes - excellent writing - and I loved the ending - powerful in its message!
12/05/07
Wow! Beautiful story and very timely considering today's turmoil! I could picture the setting perfectly. Your ending was a surprise. Love it!
Beautifully written. The ending was perfect, I love twists. This was a great read.
12/06/07
This is so satisfying on so many levels: action, suspense, visuals, message. This is great and the last line is perfect. What a story!
How can you pack so much action, emotion, suspense, etc. in so few words? This was wonderful my friend! Kudos!
12/06/07
Congrats, Joanne! You're really on a roll now...keep up the great writing!
Awesome, Joanne! You've written a fabulous story, drew me in, and ended it wonderfully, all without us knowing the details surrounding the situation. Beautiful job - contrats!!! Love, Cat
12/06/07
Congratulations on your EC. I love the way the story went along, and then a big POP at the end. Great writing.
12/08/07
Congrats on your EC placing. Lots of unexpected twists and turns, about a lady with a gift of mercy. Loved the ending.
02/28/13
I am glad she is crazy and so is Jesus well written and nice twist at the end.Good job!