The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2203 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/07
I can tell you the answer to the question, but that's not the point, is it! You did a great job at making your point. Super voice and a delightful story.
10/27/07
Too fun and delightful. Just creative and a hoot.
What fun! Being part of at least one of the McCoy families, this held my attention. I like that you left the answer up in the air at the end.
10/28/07
Sure didn't see that ending coming! Great story!
Laury
Delightful story--I always wondered if the feudin' ever ended. I loved your ending here.
10/30/07
Quite a vivid picture you drew there with the feuding by the river. The surprise ending was truly amusing.
10/30/07
A great touch of local colour. I pity the poor preacher!
I think you got yourself confused about who stole from whom: in the second section you have the McCoys boasting that they had stolen a rabbit from the McCoys. But all in all a great story with a truly comical ending
10/30/07
Good job with the dialect--an amusing story.

I got lost a few times, trying to figure out who was speaking. A few dialog tags or other identifying sentences to go along with the dialogue would help a bit.

This is creative, clever, and highly entertaining.
10/31/07
Very entertaining. A lil struggle with who was speaking, but the lively writing and unique voice kept my interest throughout. Glad you're writing again. God bless.
11/01/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is really good. What a clever blending of two old feuds. Brilliant.