The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/16/05
Wow, this was awesome! One of my all-time favorites! Keep up the good work!
Loved the interaction and dialogue! This would be so good for a skit..... Very good!
05/18/05
A well written story that drew me in! We knew straight away who was gently probing and calling your character to change his perspective. You helped us care for him and hope that he would see things differently. Just two things, 'spit' didn't seem right to me, 'spat' does but you could be using an Americanism unknown to me. I wondered if, even though you wrote 'clangs', do glasses clang and could they really be heard over the 'din'of the party?
05/18/05
this was so encouraging to me! Thankyou.
05/21/05
Very clever, entertaining writing. A good expansion on the "footprints" poem. A smooth, easy read. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
05/21/05
I loved this story. I was especially drawn to it since the original story has meant much to me in my life. Great job!
05/21/05
Pretty good lead-on, the plot was transparent, but I think the pace cover any problems. Interesting phrasing, still pondering something...will have to wait and see.
Congratulations, Matthew -- Effective twist on an old story, stressing the importance of reflective filing of the past in proper perspective, as preparation for the future. Good reminder to watch out for close encounters of the Jesus kind when we are least prepared! -- Lois