The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1338 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a powerful historical fiction story you have created. I can see the characters come alive as they demonstrate their love and dependence upon the Lord and upon each other. The suspense is just right.
10/19/07
Captivating story - I loved the "Jewishness" of this. (no surprise, considering my background) Your sense of place was just right, and the dialog is just great.
10/19/07
Perfection~ Loved it.
10/19/07
It's all be said already—this is great.
The only thing wrong with this story is that I want it to be book. This is so exciting! My head is just buzzing since I read it. Great job. Now... just go finish your novel so we can know more about your wonderful characters.
10/21/07
This was very good. I, too, was wanting more.
Laury
Good work. Leaves me wanting more.
10/23/07
great setting - loved it!
10/23/07
Riveting story with a beautiful and heart-warming ending. You've got a really good grasp of the language and culture of the time - especially the use of Hebrew names.
I like the challenge of looking at the context to find the meaning of words from another culture. But there are some that would say "that's confusing the reader." I disagree with them, but that's a criticism I received when I did the same on one of my articles. I guess we can't please everybody, and I don't think we should try.
Great story - it should place, I think.
10/24/07
Excellent and suspenseful story. I love the characters and the setting you've created in this entry. I wish it were a whole book, too!
The need for fellowship described to a perfect T.
Wonderful story telling and setting.
Good action, great message, this piece has it all. I felt as if I was there with them. In a word, wonderful.
10/25/07
And you didn't want to BRICK this, because why???????
This is top notch!!!!!
Anointed. The Lord's heart beats throughout. Do you type just two letters at a time in rhythm to his heart? Or does His heart beat faster the faster you type? Don't anti-brick again my fair maiden. You're a gift. God Bless.
Congratulations on placing. With your gift of writing and the way you use your talent for the Lord, you must surely place in His heart.
10/25/07
Congratulations on your 2nd place. This is a very compelling story -- and excellent writing, as always.
10/27/07
Awesome entry AND your title is beyond description. I LOVE IT! Congratulations!
I really love this Mid, it just enveloped me from the beginning and held me captive in that long ago century when persecution drew Christian brothers and sisters together in a bond of love. Wonderful, wonderful story!!!!