The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1194 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/07
I loved this story!!! I could totally relate to it, as I volunteer at two nursing homes and know people like the ones in this story. I have a friend at one who is like both Nan and Luna--she can't talk at all, but she can sing the words to hymns beautifully and her eyes glow during the singing. Wonderfully touching and realistic portrayals of the residents as diverse individuals!

I was drawn in by the title, too--could not help wondering what "Morningstar" was like. The use of a specific name sparked my curiosity.

Great job!
10/12/07
This is so good. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of the countless "forgotten" by church, and sometimes even by family, in our nursing homes and seniors residences. Thank God for people like Brother Marlowe.
10/14/07
This is so touching. My dad was in a nursing home for a year. He was "Luna". I also was curious about the title and the individual stories kept me reading to the end. Nicely paced and an uplifting story.
10/19/07
Congratulations on your highly commended. This is very well written, and so touching. Nice job with the topic.
I worked in a retirement center where many residents had a story etched in their lives,what a marvelous way to show us the residents with dove's eyes, the way God sees them. Made me remember all my past friends and cry for them as I was only 18 then.