The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1785 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can tell that this poem is full of good memories. Great work!
10/11/07
I like this. It is amazing how you got it all to rhyme, kept the meter right, and got the message in.
10/11/07
You took me back to a very great place--Great rhyming!
10/12/07
This is so wonderfully visual—I could see it and feel it! Nice work.
Precious memories, how they linger... I loved the soft cadence that seemed to lend itself to a simpler, sweeter time. Your poem is exactly to this reader's taste.
10/16/07
Your sweet poem brought back so many memories of campmeeting for me, too. I could picture every scene and even smell those hot dogs! (I agree; food tasted much ymmier when I got to buy it with a quarter and my friends and I could sit outside together to gobble down every bite!)
Oh, what a delightful poem! I felt like I was 'right there' as I read it. It seems to me that this would make a wonderful poetry book with illustrations of 'camp meeting' for the little ones (and big ones!). Maybe even a coloring book style?! Great poem!
10/16/07
Beautifully captures the larger experience by focusing on specific details of the whole.
10/16/07
This is really precious. The sing-songy flow of the poem fits perfectly with your message. Nice job with the topic.
I just love your poems. They are so honest and real, and beautifully written, too. This one is no excpetion. Big thumbs up.
This is one of my favorite this week. You have painted a vivid memories picture. Excellent!
Thanks for the memories! I could especially relate to, "But with some sermons long and deep,
We little ones would go to sleep." Love the precious ending, too.
10/18/07
We didn't go to these where I grew up. You make me wish I had!