The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1108 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/07
“Ah, God made de cat dat man may touch de lion, chèr. Her choice is made, I tink.”

Awwwwww . . . I confess, I know whose this is AND I even got to look it over BUT I still reeeeeeeally enjoyed it and think Mavis will make a fine watchman, errrr, watchcat! :)
09/22/07
Wow. So cool. I love the characters, and I could easily imagine them walking the city, scanning the side streets with their golden eyes. The title is one of the best this week.
Awww, I like this one. I feel like there's a whole lot more story to tell, that we only got a teasing glimpes of. Great story.
09/23/07
The characters and dialogue work is outstanding. I definately want to read more. Top dog in the puppy pen.
09/24/07
Okay--this piece is the whole deal--a compelling voice, a gift with dialects (several of them!), a kitten, fer Pete's sake, and one of the most interesting characters ever. My only complaint is selfish--not enough words.
09/24/07
I’m really not sure what’s going on here but the writing has some elegant touches. Here’s my favourite line: “The small cat strode cement, sniffing our shoes, inspecting each of us, tail at twelve o’clock.” I can visualise that cat, hear it purring, and feel its tailing rubbing across my calves. And I don’t even much like cats!
Lol. I have to say-this was cute. I can't help it. I like cate-no, LOVE them and this was just too cute. Good descriptions, especially the dialouge. Nice.
09/27/07
Amazingly vivid writing. Love all of it. You are good!
Wow. This is so good. Sci Fi is not my favorite, but THIS I would read. I so want to know these characters better. I want to know the rest. Awesome. I can't wait for the whole work so I can read these with my son. I can just picture his eyes as we read these. I have goose bumps.