The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/07
oooh, this is good. No, better than good. This is so well written, so very well poised. Usually, I don't like tht much thought use, but it was perfect for this story. Bravo, Bravo. This one has class. Welcome to the puppy pen.
08/25/07
This is quite a story you've woven. You definitely kept my interest in this poor woman's confusing thoughts. Now I need to look in the mirror and make sure I don't resemble her. Thanks for this thought-provoking piece.
08/27/07
This MC needs a serious reality check! She is definitely mixed up. Your story really caught my attention and caused me to shake my head a few times, but, how familiar some of these thoughts sound!
08/27/07
What a great portrayal of a confused woman in serious denial! Nasty, nasty, nasty. My one reservation would be of the extended use of italics. In general these are much more difficult to read on a computer than normal text: hence people tend to use italics for specific emphasis. I wonder if you couldn’t have found a different way of differentiating between inner thoughts and spoken words. Excuse me, I think I need to go and take a bath …
Your characterization is outstanding here. What a sad woman you created, even supplying the reader with some understanding for her confused reasoning. Great job.
08/29/07
Excellent characterization and description. Wow.
Well illustrated story! Keep up the great writing.
08/30/07
This makes me glad that my thoughts aren't visible for the world to see....nicely written.
Whoa! Sure wasn't expecting this to end this way. The thoughts and the sudden, somewhat quirky character kept me reading all the way through. Wow. It's amazing how different things are through another POV, huh? Good title-it certainly fits. ^_^