The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1253 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/07
Ooh, what a good story for young adults. How easily a story like this can become reality for young women in today's world. The grace of Jesus that you put at the end is really a beautiful reminder of God's love, no matter what we may have done!
07/27/07
Well done, and kept my interest to the end. You described well and painted pictures with your words. A good message of hope. Thanks.
07/28/07
Nice story with a good message. Thank God is so forgiving and merciful. Your writing ministered a great message of grace. God bless.
07/29/07
The message came through in your story. The dialogue and the images you painted gave it a very convincing tone. This is very good writing.
07/29/07
The message came through in your story. The dialogue and the images you painted gave it a very convincing tone. This is very good writing.
Excellent story, well told, and very moving. I do have a minor POV... using the term "Venetian" blinds dates the story. More current styles of blinds are Mini, Vertical, Horizontal, and Wooden, to name a few.
Poignant and to the point - very real and full of hope that Christians can come through without condemnation.
07/30/07
This felt extremely realistic - great detail. I wish you'd been able to continue the story - really want to know how she reacted. Great stuff.
07/30/07
Wow. Good story! I wish you could've continued it so we could hear the rest of it! :-)
Wow! What an amazing story! It seemed very believable, too. Great job.
You had me from the first sentence. Believable dialogue, and over all very well done. I enjoyed it.
You had my attention the entire story. Great job. I was so uncomfortable and embarrassed for Shelly. I was so thankful for Martin and Tina. You did great on the theme. This story made me feel embarrassed.
07/31/07
I want to know the rest of the story. Your writing captured me from the beginning. This flowed so smoothly and the dialogue was so realistic. Great job.
07/31/07
A well-written story with a wonderful message — you had me from the beginning.
08/01/07
I loved everything about this--the characterization of your MC particularly--until the last line, which I found just a tad cliched. I'd have liked a different answer, something that she'd be more likely to relate to.

08/01/07
The morning after can be scary as well as embarrassing. Oh, but the love of Christ. Good job of conveying shadows of guilt and compassion in this message.
Well written and filled with suspense that kept me reading and guessing. Great message of acceptance.
08/01/07
That is scary to hear it really happens?? Horrible to do to anyone.. but thank God for Christian groups on campus... good story...
08/02/07
You really brought these characters to life. I was especially impressed with Martin, in such a short span of words you created a character with depth, I was captivated by the entire story. I enjoyed it very much!