The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1442 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I hope all camp counselors see the teaching moment in circumstances like this one! A great lesson for teens and would go nicely in a book of teen devotionals!
A great teen devotional. Nice job with the Biblical application to the event, and the simple but engaging voice. :)
You brought back my summer camp memories with this piece...the lights out bell, giggling, sneaking out, campfire, etc. Great job with the application of the circumstances to God's Word. It's an important lesson, especially the part about rescuing without judgement.
This IS a great lesson and one that most camping teenagers could relate to. But it's one for adults, too, to remind us how the church is supposed to operate. Good story, good dialogue. Good job!
06/20/07
Good story! A bit of mystery, summer camp, and campfires; just right for a teen story. The lesson learned was a good way to end this, too!
06/20/07
Great job of setting the scene and creating the whole sense of "camp." It felt totally authentic to me. Maybe just my opinion, but the lesson seemed to come a bit too early - it also could be a word count thing! Would think there would be more praying about Jennie first. Regardless, this was an absolutely wonderful read. Great job, Edy!
Edy, I missed this one last week, and it's a good one. You captured the "teachable moment" very well. You were right on the topic, too.