The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1474 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/07
Wow--pretty intense. Definitely not an ideal situation, but I think it's good how you showed that even in those times, God will speak to us if we let him. I always like that verse about God knitting us together in the womb. He has a plan for each of us, no matter how we came about and can bless any situation if we let him.
06/15/07
Wow! I read the title and thought, "Knitting doesn't have anything to do with abortion..." lol, you've proven my wrong! This is an excellent piece. If it doesn't place, I highly encourage you to maybe expand it just a bit and enter it somewhere else. (Boy, I wish I'd written this!)
This story makes its point wonderfully and shows us how God can speak to the heart of a teen, as well as an adult. His little hints aren't accidental.
06/16/07
I think a Crisis Pregnancy Center could use a story like this in the literature they hand out. I like the way you tied the knitting theme running through the story together at the end. Good story!
06/18/07
Powerful & sobering yet comforting message. Well done.
I liked how you "weaved" the knitting theme through the story. Good job!
Not fair! You made me cry with the last line. I was FINE until then! :-)

I agree that you should develop this for a Crisis Pregnancy Center to use.
You have written in the teenage girl's voice beautifully. The fear and the panic are so well done. This story definitely needs to be out there where young girls are going through this very situation. It just might stop someone from making a terrible mistake.