The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1617 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/01/07
This is very well written -- I could see everything happening. Personally, I don't like to read about savagery and blood. This was hard for me to get through because you painted such a realistic picture.
Beautiful imagery and detail.
06/05/07
That was one strong amazing opening and you never let up, excellent. This read like master's work to me!
06/06/07
Very vivid detail. I could picture it all. It read smoothly. Also loved your message about redemption and being set free. Good job!
I like how everything in your story pointed to your message.
06/06/07
Absolutely vivid and scary. You had me shaking.
Another story where the description and immediacy lend to great adventure. I'm glad you didn't shy away from the more painful aspects; in that way, I think, a story such as this gets inside the reader and really takes effect (whether they wish it to or not, I suppose).

Excellent writing, excellent job!
This is amazingly vivid. The kind of adventure that you read and stick with you, whether you really want it to or not. your descriptions were great and I especially liked the end with the message in the dirt. "I am free" Aren't we all? ^_^ Great writing, great job!
Wow! The description of Gareth was so vivid. I cringed at times because the pain was so real. Very powerful.
Excellent job; I especially loved the ending. Thank God for the freedom he gives us!
Deep, emotional story with a great pov.
***Congrats!***
06/13/07
Congratulations on your second place. I still don't like blood & guts stories -- see my comment above. :) But this is very well written, and a great adventure story.